- Do I have to pay for parking?
If you are using the facilities at Leisure World Colchester, Aqua Springs or Charter Hall then parking is free whilst you are on site. You can have your parking ticket validated at reception in Leisure World Colchester or Aqua Springs.
If you are not using the facilities then a 'pay on foot' system applies.
- Do you have any job vacancies?
All current job vacancies are advertised at www.colchester.gov.uk
- I need a raffle prize for an event, can you help?
Leisure World Colchester receives many requests for raffle prizes and donations each year. We are happy to help and all we ask is that you put your request in writing to us either by letter or email.
We will offer you two 2-4-1 vouchers for aqua springs.
Please allow 4 weeks for your request to be processed. We cannot guarantee that any requests giving less than 4 weeks notice will be processed in time.
- I want to do work experience with you, how do I apply?
Work experience with us is very popular and you should enquire as far in advance as possible. Please send your request in writing to Leisure World, or by email.
- Do you sell swimwear?
Yes we do, at Leisure World Colchester. We have a Zoggs shop on site which stocks a fantastic range of swimwear for adults and children as well as goggles and swim aids.
- I am a member at one of your sites. Can I use my membership across all of the Leisure World sites?
At the moment memberships are specific to each site. So, if you are a member at Leisure World Highwoods - you can only use the facilities as part of your membership at Leisure World Highwoods etc.
- Am I tied into a contract with my membership?
No. The great thing about our memberships is that we don't tie you into a 12 month contract. You can cancel at any time by giving us 30 days notice in writing.
- What are the pool opening times?
- Do the pool and Activa aerobic workout timetables ever change?
Yes they do. The timetables for the pools and Activa aerobic workout programme are subject to change - particularly in the school holidays.
We will always notify customers of any changes to the timetables on the homepage of our website.
- How old do you have to be to swim alone?
Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied in the water (in any of the pools) by an adult aged 16+.
The maximum ratio allowed is 3 children to 1 adult, with no more than 2 children under the age of 5 years
- Can you tell me more about the swimming pool temperatures at Leisure World Colchester?
Pool water temperatures are set in line with recommendations from the Institute of Sport & Recreation Management (ISRM). The key factor here is the warmer the pool water, the more evaporation takes place. Effectively if the evaporation of water is too great the pool hall becomes very humid and almost like a sauna, which in turn is too uncomfortable for staff and customers alike, especially spectators
- Why do I have to wear overshoes or remove my shoes in the Fitness Pool changing rooms?
This is so the changing rooms remain clean and hygienic. If dirt from outside is trodden into the changing rooms it is not very nice for anyone.
- I'm interested in swimming lessons, how can I find out more?
- I have booked an outside pitch, but the weather is very bad...what do I do?
- If I book activities in advance over the telephone why do I have to pay no later than 48 hours prior to the event?
This policy is to ensure that courts or places on classes/courses are secured in advance and that in the event a customer does not turn up there is no loss to us or other customers.
- Do you do birthday parties for children?
Yes we do! We have a fantastic selection of parties to choose from. Click here to find out more...
- Do you supply birthday cakes for birthday parties?
No we don't - you will need to bring your own cake.
- What's on offer during the school holidays?
Plenty! Every school holiday we put on events at each of our sites that will help keep the children occupied.
- Where is Leisure World Colchester?